sabato 12 giugno 2010

[WII] UFO Racer 0.1


ThatOtherPerson ha rilasciato la sua prima versione del suo homebrew-game di corse psichedelico per Wii! Di seguito le parole del coder:
I started working on a racing game. I’m borrowing graphics for it from an older game I made for PC over 9000 years ago but I’m programing it again from scratch and this time its going to be 2D with a top down perspective and made for Wii.

The steering is controlled by tilting the wiimote (just like you do for Excite Truck or Mario Kart). I’ve never done anything using the accelerometer before but it was actually really easy to implement and already works fairly well although I’ll probable tweak to turning speed later. You hold down the 2 button to move forward.

Another thing that’s somewhat new to me are the rotating sprites. The rotation of the ship is pre rendered but the track is actually rotated in real time. SDL (my primary game development library of choice) sadly doesn’t actually have any built in support for rotating surfaces but luckily there is nothing that cant be accomplished with a few get/put pixel functions and a little bit of math. It will never be as fast as it would be if it was done with GRRLIB but it is already running at a tolerable frame rate in the high thirties and I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to get a bit more speed out of it.

Its just a test demo and I don’t really recommend you bother with downloading it yet but I figured I would share what I’ve been doing.

DOWNLOAD via RapidShare
DOWNLOAD via ZShare
THREAD DI RILASCIO

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento